Sunday, January 29, 2012

Things I've Been Thinking About Lately...

I always knew I wanted to be a teacher. Ever since I can remember, I would "play school" with my brother and sisters making them follow a schedule and complete math worksheets I created. My grandparents, parents, and several aunts and uncles were/are teachers, so it's really no surprise that I (along with two of my siblings) went into the family business. ;) I love everything about teaching and really feel that God called me to this profession. Having said that, I've been thinking lately...

1. Am I supposed to teach in a public school my entire career like my parents did? I don't have a problem with that whatsoever. I'm not unhappy and I really could see myself retiring from the district where I currently teach.

2. Should I get my doctorate? I love learning and feel fortunate to work for a district that supports advanced degrees so how could I pass that up?

3. I've always wanted to go on a mission trip with my family and have even thought about teaching abroad. However, whenever those thoughts enter my mind, I usually talk myself out of it by saying, "The boys are too young. Surely God wouldn't want us to sell our house and all of our possessions and go!" Or would He?

4. What would it be like to home school my boys?

So that's what I've been thinking about lately. I feel like I have 3 full-time jobs (mom, wife, teacher) and I often put 100% into the one that brings the paycheck home, but neglect putting 100% into my marriage and parenting. They deserve more! What does God have in store for me and my family? Maybe none of these thoughts I've had are in God's plan and I'm right where I need to be at this very point in time. I'm good with that. ;)

God help me to treasure the multitude of blessings in my life and cherish the here and now with the 5T's.

No comments:

Post a Comment